Important changes to your Alliance benefits
December 11, 2017
Important changes to your benefits effective March 1
Periodically, benefit updates are required and the goal of Alliance is to keep you informed about these changes so that you are able to take full advantage of your membership benefits.
Effective March 1, 2012, the Hospital Confinement-Illness benefit will no longer be available to Alliance Members.
Also effective March 1, 2012, enhancements have been made to the following benefits:
Hospital Confinement- Accident – benefit has been increased an additional $200 a day for covered in-hospital stays due to an accident
Accidental Death [and Dismemberment] – benefit has been doubled
Common Carrier Accidental Death – benefit has been doubled
Important changes to your Alliance benefits effective January 1
Alliance for Affordable Services leverages the “Strength of Numbers” and uses the association’s group clout to deliver valuable savings to our members. Over the past several years, the negotiating power of the group has allowed Alliance to combat the rising costs of providing these benefits to our members. However, due to increased expenses, in order to provide the most valuable benefits to our members and at the same time prevent a membership dues increase, it is necessary to make some changes to the 2012 Alliance Member Benefits.
Alliance Members will continue to have access to our most popular and valuable benefits* such as:
- TeladocSM | Retail value† = $360 per year
- Global Emergency Services (Assist America) | Retail value† = $385 per year
- Emergency Roadside Assistance | Retail value† = $150 per year
- Diagnostic Imaging and Lab discounts offered through participating vendors
- And numerous other money-saving benefits and discounts
As of January 2012, NEW and exciting benefits will be available to our Alliance Members such as:
- Instant Care: Save 20% on 24/7 Emergency Response and Personal Nurse Triage Hotline
- My Notification Service: Save 40%; service notifies contacts and forwards medical information in an emergency
- Angie’s List – Save 20% on annual fee to access reviews on roofers, plumbers, and more
In addition, there have been changes to the following benefit programs*. These changes will be posted for your review on January 1, 2012:
As of January 1, 2012, the following benefits are no longer available* to Alliance Members:
- 1-800 Contacts
- Auto Coupon Book
- Debt Review and Consolidation
- Emergency Room (fractures & dislocations)
- Golf Access Directory
- Heart Attack Benefit
- Telcorp International
Remember, availability of these benefits varies by state and package option. Please check state availability online or by contacting Alliance Member Services.
If you have questions about any of your benefits, please contact Member Services by phone at 800-733-2242 (any time between 7:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. CT, M-F) or online at www.alliancedirectbenefits.com/contact.