Alliance for Affordable Services believes that higher education is a tremendous advantage toward success, but also recognizes that a college degree is not the only path to get there. The Career Education Grant program provides a one-time $1,000 grant to eligible Alliance Members and their family members* who choose to attend a 2-year trade or technical school instead of the traditional college campus.
- Alliance Members, Spouse, and Legal Dependents may apply
- The school must be an accredited post-secondary institution or program, with an expected completion date of two (2) years or less in a trade or technical field, and listed on the Database of Accredited Postsecondary Institutions of the United States Department of Education, found at www.ope.ed.gov/accreditation/search.aspx
- The grant is paid directly to the school and there is a limit of ten (10) grants every two (2) years to any one school
- Grants are awarded on a first come first served basis from date of receipt
- June 30 is the annual deadline for application submission
If you’re more interested in regular college, see the Alliance Scholarships
*Benefit is available to the primary member, spouse and legal dependents. Primary Member must be active and in good standing at the time of application and during recipient’s attendance at school to qualify. A grant recipient may reapply for a second grant to a different school, but not earlier than 3 years after completion of the first course for which a grant was given. A grant recipient is ineligible to apply for or receive an Alliance Scholarship until after three (3) years from receipt of the grant.